Monday, February 8, 2016

Happiness Jar

People have been trying to convince me of something today : that it's impossible to be happy all the time, and that you cannot know happiness if you haven't known misery.

Call me crazy, but I think happiness is more than crazy gasping-for-air laughing (although that's not bad at all), I think you CAN be happy all the time, if your happiness is built on something more enduring than volatile emotions. I strongly believe that in every moment you can find happiness, be it in the simple joke your florist makes while handing you your tulips, or in the inner peace you cultivate in the most stressful of moments at work. Yes, I have known misery, but this does not define my perception of happiness, and I can honestly say that I do not need it in order to detect happiness.

That being said, I'm opening a series of posts to celebrate the HAPPY in my every day life. This is my version of Elizabeth Gilbert's HAPPINESS JAR :

HAPPY NEW YEAR...and Happiness Jars!Dear Ones -Those of you who've followed this page for years know that I have...
Posted by Elizabeth Gilbert on Friday, January 1, 2016


So, dear unknown ones that stumble upon my virtual happiness jar, tonight I am extremely happy to have received my amazon delivery :


I am grateful for the opportunity to meet two authors that I've been wanting to read for a long time, Khaled Hosseini and Ann Patchett, and I am very curious to discover Takashi Hiraide and Molly Wizenberg - both purchased on instinct alone.

Be proud of your happiness, if it is genuine it can only do good to the people around you.

And don't forget your inner smile.

Good night !

No comments:

Post a Comment